Thursday, July 27, 2017

Error in 2014 Energy Journal Paper

I hate looking at my published papers because there are often typos in them which I didn't catch at the proofs stage...This time my coauthor, Stephan Bruns, found one in our 2014 paper in the Energy Journal: "Is There Really Granger Causality Between Energy Use and Output?" In Table 1, which describes the details of the studies in our meta-analysis, the control variable labeled "energy production" should actually be labeled "energy price". Energy production would be a weird control variable...

After digging into our draft files, it turns out I changed "energy pr." to "E Prod." systematically in this table just before we resubmitted it to the journal. I also added a footnote: "E Prod.=Energy Production". I don't know why I did this. I would have thought I would have asked, Christian Gross, who made the original version of the table, before doing this, but I can't find any email to prove that...

No comments:

Post a Comment